Thursday, March 19, 2020

Our New Project



Hey guys!

As I mentioned before, we had to switch our whole project around since school was suspended due to the Coronavirus. Our idea of the musical (requiring a flash mob of 10+ people) will not be possible as we need to be in self-quarantine in order to contain this virus. Everything has been moved to a virtual platform, including class.

The idea that I came up with was switching our genre to a documentary. I wanted to showcase what is currently going on in the world with the virus and how the world has basically come to a stop - and convey the anxiety and uncertainty of the situation into a film. My group liked this idea, and so we decided to go with it. New research has to be done as we have completely switched our genre, but here is a basic overview of the documentary genre:

The purpose of a documentary is to inform the viewer, and our film will be based on informing people of what the situation is like for regular people in the midst of this chaos.

This is the basic outline:

We would have three different people, Raisa, Janey, and Andrea (me) star in the film. We would have the premise of the film be about how they were affected at the beginning of the virus and track their journey and process as they go through it all. We would touch on subjects such as how the virus affected their mental health by being locked up all day and also not being able to socialize as they did regularly at school. We also discussed covering how their health was impacted as well as their emotions. We want to include some vlog style clips documenting the process. 

We have yet to decide on a title, but I like the simplicity of just calling it "Covid-19".



1 comment:

  1. You cannot create a film opening within the doc genre. The directions specifically state that this must be a fictional film opening.

    ReplyDelete

My CCR

Finally... the CCR for my final project is finished! I will have it linked below, thank you so much for coming along with me on my film jour...