Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Embracing The Musical Genre and Its Challenges

Hi guys!

After our team meetings, my group and I came to realize we were the only ones in our class that chose to do a musical. I got so excited because this will really give us a chance to stand out from the rest of my peers! I love music so much and being able to incorporate it into my school projects makes me so happy. Choosing the musical genre was the perfect choice for us.

The musical genre has a lot of different elements to it (as explained in my previous blog posts) and one of the conventions we chose to embrace was a flash mob. Flash mobs are when people randomly join into a song in an unusual place/setting. This is very common in the musical genre and can be seen across many movies, such as La La Land. This is what it typically looks like:



However, this comes with many challenges. We will need many cameras shooting at the same time to get that flash mob scene perfectly edited, as we will need a lot of footage. Not only this, but we need a lot of people involved in this scene. Thankfully, Janey put out a casting call for her dance friends to be featured in the film opening, and we have gotten a lot of responses so far. We also have asked a couple of friends to help us film and they thankfully have agreed to help us! Filming the flash mob will also be complicated as it will be outside and the lighting changes often because of the sun - but we will make sure to have practiced beforehand in order to make it the best we can in only a couple of run-throughs while actually filming.

Another challenge we have to deal with is the soundtrack. I am 100 percent in charge of this part so it is a little nervewracking. I am continuing to work on the soundtrack this week and am estimating I'll have the finished version by the end of this week if not early next week. With school and everything else going on, life has just been a little hectic. However, I do want the music to be perfect to really make our film opening the best it can be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Finally... the CCR for my final project is finished! I will have it linked below, thank you so much for coming along with me on my film jour...