Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Finding the Music



Hey guys!

Since our film opening is pretty minimal, finding and choosing the correct music for it is super important. Our film was supposed to be a musical original, but due to the COVID-19 changes, we had to adapt and make it more of a coming of age movie, taking movies such as Lady Bird (2017) for example.

Bensound's profile on ThemeForest

I did not have enough time to create background music for the film, so we decided to look for uncopyrighted music. I texted on our Snapchat group chat and proposed the idea that each of us (Janey, Raisa, and I) propose a piece of music and then we would choose which one would best fit the opening. I looked through sites like Youtube, PremiumBeat, and BenSound. We were looking for some chill, piano music with some adventurous feel to it. After searching through several songs, I finally sent one to the group that everyone loved!

The title of the song is "Going Higher" which fits perfectly with our character and our storyline! Playing this while the voice over is going on will add dynamics and make the film opening more entertaining to watch.

Below is the audio we picked:
https://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/track/going-higher

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Finally... the CCR for my final project is finished! I will have it linked below, thank you so much for coming along with me on my film jour...