Thursday, April 2, 2020

Lights, Camera, Action!

Hey guys!

I am happy to say that we began and finished all of the filming for our opening this week! This was a very tough job as we are all currently social distancing, due to the Coronavirus. However, Janey managed to get amazing clips and film it all at her house! She had help from her brother to get all of the shots correct.

She shared it with us through a Google Drive folder, so we could have access to all the footage in order to start editing. Raisa and I decided that I would begin editing and do the first minute and that she would finish it off and add the final touches.

The filming process had some challenges as Raisa and I weren't there to help Janey out, but thankfully she had her brother and managed to make it work. She filmed it chronologically in order to make sure we had all of the parts and also for lighting purposes. The shots are beautiful as the sun was setting and the light shining on Janey really engages the eye.

Although Janey says she's not a great actress, I think she did an amazing job with all things considered! We ended up going for simple costume design, as she is just a high school student, but the mom jeans and the shoelace belt give away some of Mia's personality, as well as the pins. Janey also chose a very cute half up half down hairstyle to spice it up a bit more.

The shots outside are perfect because they show that she is indeed in a very safe, suburban neighborhood. This helps us establish the whole concept of the film, as it is titled "Little Town". The variety of shots she took will also help us in the editing process.

Here is what Janey shared with us:


Don't worry... you'll see the finished project soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Finally... the CCR for my final project is finished! I will have it linked below, thank you so much for coming along with me on my film jour...